Monday 27 February 2017

Picture Perfect Inkspiration- GDP075


Welcome back crafter's.

The project I am sharing today has been inspired by two creative challenges this week. One is a colour challenge from Colour Inkpisration's DT and the other is a theme from the Global Design Project's DT



#Pictureperfect #Hummingbird #Handmadecards #KOCreationscards #Australianmade #Eleganteggplant #Delightfuldijon #Crushedcurry #Whipserwhite #Inspiredbynature 



Here is the colour challenge from Colour INKspiration
#Colourinkpsiration
In case you can't see the names from the image above:
Delightful Dijon, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White and Crushed Curry are the colours.

AND
 This is the theme from GDP
#Globaldesignteam


For my project I used the Picture Perfect stamp set...I adore the hummingbird image  it's a fave of mine and does lend itself to the artsy look so very well.


Here is my card. For both challenges #GDP075 and #CI04

Picture Perfect


SIDE VIEW

#Pictureperfect #Hummingbird #Handmadecards #KOCreationscards #Australianmade #Eleganteggplant #Delightfuldijon #Crushedcurry #Whipserwhite #Inspiredbynature

Card stock

  • Watercolour Paper trimmed after colouring has been completed.
  • Elegant Eggplant cut to fit base and leave a small edge.
  • Whisper White BASE A4 cut in half at 10.5 cm then folded in half.
  • Window Sheet

Ink Colours

  • Elegant Eggplant ink p-ad and Re- inker
  • Crushed Curry ink  pad and Re-inker
  • Delightful Dijon ink pad
  • Versamark

Tools

  • Layering Circles framelits
  • Paper Snips
  • Whisper White Emboss Powder
  • Heat Tool
  • Big Shot
  • Stampin Spritzer
  • Rhinestones Basic Jewels
  • Eye Dropper

Adhesives

  • Dimensionals
  • Fine-tip Glue Pen
  • Tear and Tape


 INSIDE VIEW

#Pictureperfect #Hummingbird #Handmadecards #KOCreationscards #Australianmade #Eleganteggplant #Delightfuldijon #Crushedcurry #Whipserwhite #Inspiredbynature

Method

First I placed the stamp image where I wanted it to be. 
I then put a Layering Circle (2nd largest) over the top and drew inside the circle where it would meet the stamped image.
After putting the stamp to the side I ran it through the big shot leaving the pieces I didn't want to be cut over hanging from the sandwich boards.
 I added 1 drop of ink in Elegant Eggplant to a clear block and put 3 drops of water in each. I mixed together and drew the colour up inside the eyedropper. 
I spritzed the water colour paper lightly with water and then dropped colour where I wanted it. I then re spritzed with water to move it around. I repeated this process with the crushed curry.
I dried it off with the a heat tool. I spritzed water and then Whisper White over the top of the watercolouring.
I then started with the hummingbird image. 
First layer I used Crushed Curry, making sure to dry between layers.
Second layer is Delightful Dijon and lastly Elegant Eggplant...This looks almost black.
Once the image was completely dry I cut the circle arcs out and fussy cut around the bird.
I trimmed the watercolour paper to the size I wanted. I cut a piece of window sheet and glued it to the back of the image.
I added dimensionals to the back of my card front so that it would sit flat...I placed them in a solid line around the circle, to do this I cut along the edge of the dimensional sheet where they are all joined together. Remove the backs of the dimensionals ready for sticking.
Using the Rhinestones I placed them upside down on the window sheet and then put my Elegant Eggplant backing over the top. Line up before pressing firmly to adhere.
The sentiment is from the same set as the hummingbird and has been embossed using Whisper White.


FRONT VIEW


#Pictureperfect #Hummingbird #Handmadecards #KOCreationscards #Australianmade #Eleganteggplant #Delightfuldijon #Crushedcurry #Whipserwhite #Inspiredbynature
Don't forget SALE-A-BRATION ids still happening...This is a perfect time for you to purchase any igtems that you have been holding off on buying..WHY I hear you ask...Because if you send $90 you earn a FREE product...For EVERY $90 spent that's 1 free item!

No automatic alt text available.

AND TO MAKE THE OFFER EVEN MORE ATTRACTIVE
Stampin' Up! have added even more FREE items

LOOK!

Image may contain: text



So, if you would like to purchase any of the items that have I used to create my project and to help you to take advantage of this wonderful offer, I have listed them all for your convenience in the carousal below.
Just click the item you would like to go straight to mu store.




Thank you so very much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed your visit.

If you have any questions please ask in comments below..
I always reply ;)

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Kim. Love your watercolour background great colours and textures. Love the Hummungbird too and is perfect against the artsy background. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your lovely comment Juan. I really appreciate your opinion, so happy you like it xo

      Delete
  2. This is just stunning Kim! Your hummingbird just glows against that intense background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KimB. You have made my day with your lovely comment x

      Delete
  3. WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! Kim this is Just AMAZING!! so stunning. I love the colours and the way you have blended them. The bird looks like its about to fly off the page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nadi :) I had fun creating this one as I actually dream't it lol

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stephanie, so happy you like it :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)